Welcome to our school
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery.
Cooks Spinney Primary School and Nursery (Academy) was formed on 1st December 2013 for children aged 3 to 11. We are part of the Burnt Mill Academy Trust which is a small co-operative trust of 7 schools - Cooks Spinney, Freshwaters Primary Academy, Roydon Primary, Little Parndon Primary, Magna Carta Primary, Forest Hall School and Burnt Mill Secondary Academy.
Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery is a safe, happy and caring school where everyone is accepted and treated with respect. We have an effective leadership team with an Assistant Head of School in each of our key stages which enables us to drive standards in each of the key areas. Our children are encouraged to develop enquiring minds that will give them an important introduction to a lifetime of learning. We value home school partnerships and share the responsibility with you for educating your child, academically, socially and morally. We believe that it is essential for all children to acquire the basic social, literacy and numeracy skills to become confident and effective learners. We also share your expectation that your child will achieve their very best in every aspect of their learning during their time at Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery.
Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery is a place where children believe in their future and that hard work and determination will help us to achieve our goals. Our main corridor is a collection of Aspirational Apples from each of our children. Every child has thought about what they would like to do when they grow up and has then considered what they need to do to achieve that. We are very proud of our ambitions and are happy to share them with you.
We have a thriving wildlife area and our own pond which is already home to many creatures and gives us plenty of learning opportunities. We like to get outdoors as much as possible and try to teach activities from across the curriculum in one of our outdoor areas. As part of our Enriched Curriculum, we use Wow Days to inspire pupils at the beginning of new topics which include educational trips and experts coming into school to share information with us.
Swimming is an important part of our school curriculum. Once in KS2, all children are given the opportunity to attend Swimming Lessons as part of their school day. We use the swimming facilities at Burnt Mill Academy.
We communicate to Parents and Carers through our weekly newsletter, website and Twitter page. Follow us on Twitter @CooksSpinney.
We look forward to working with you.
Mr S Pope
Exectutive Head of School
- Admissions Policy 2016-2017 - BMAT11th Jun 2015
- Admissions Policy from Sept 201719th Dec 2016
- Admissions September 19 Covering Letter01st Dec 2017
- Anti-Bullying Policy - Cooks Spinney27th Jan 2017
- Attendance Policy - Cooks Spinney01st Sep 2015
- Behaviour Policy 2017-18 - Cooks Spinney31st Jan 2017
- Breakfast Club Policy11th Jan 2017
- British Values at Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery16th Dec 2015
- Calculation Policy - Cooks Spinney03rd May 2016
- Charging and Remissions Policy01st Sep 2016
- Complaints Policy - BMAT29th Nov 2016
- Consultation Letter -CS Admissions covering letter15th Dec 2017
- Cooks Spinney Primary Admissions from Sept 201801st Dec 2017
- Cooks Spinney Primary Admissions from Sept-201915th Dec 2017
- E Safety Policy 2015 - BMAT19th Feb 2015
- E-Safety Information and Acceptable Use Policies - Cooks Spinney06th Jan 2017
- Emergency Closures Policy - Cooks Spinney29th Nov 2016
- Essex SCB - SET Procedures - 2016-1729th Nov 2016
- Handwriting Policy04th Sep 2017
- Homework Policy - Cooks Spinney29th Nov 2016
- Marking and Feedback Policy - Cooks Spinney01st Feb 2017
- Proposed Cooks Spinney Primary Admissions Policy from Sept 201901st Dec 2017
- Reading Policy - Cooks Spinney01st Feb 2017
- Safeguarding Policy 2017 - BMAT01st Sep 2016
- SEN Information Report - Cooks Spinney02nd May 2017
- SEN Offer - Parents' Guide - 2017-1801st Mar 2017
- Uniform Policy 2016-201701st Sep 2016